The Leominster Veterans Center was originally a house constructed in 1763 by Reverend Francis Grander as his parsonage. The building was later converted into a mansion by the Salisbury Family. The house was then donated to the City of Leominster and used by the Girls Scouts and the High School band.
Later the building become the home of the congressionally charter veterans organizations. The American Legion (1919), Disabled American Veterans (1932), Veterans of Foreign Wars (1936), AMVETS American Veterans ( 1947), Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc. (1960), Vietnam Veterans of America (1986).
In February 1973 the Leominster City Council and mayor Ralph W. Crossman proposed the construction of a large meeting hall by the Trade School to be added to the structure for the veterans to have meetings and social gatherings.